Versatile subsea consultancy
As the pioneers of MFE and claycutting, the Marin team bring unparalleled hands-on experience and skill to midwater excavation operations at depths of between 40 and 300 metres.
At the heart of our versatile midwater subsea excavation and consultancy services are Marin’s core Evo Excavation System tools such as the Evo 150, 300 and 600 excavators, the Evo eVac and Evo Materials Placement System (MPS).
For a bespoke response to challenges at these depths we can also call on the Vortex Subsea Excavation System range of diver hand-held and ROV-mounted options from Marin Group specialist Marin Vortex, as well as customised containers and modules from Marin JMS.
Through Marin Group’s alliances with Fugro-Rovtech, Ecosse Subsea Systems, and Cardox International we are able to offer further specialised ROV, excavation, trenching and cutting support to deliver unrivalled midwater excavation scope of service.
The Marin team have more than 30 years’ experience of operating in midwater subsea locations around the world, completing a broad range of excavation projects including
- Hutton tension leg platform (TLP) template decommissioning project (110 metres), North Sea, for Technip (2005)
- Tangguh free-span rectification project (70 metres), Indonesia, for Saipem (2006)
- Frigg decommissioning project (95 metres), North Sea, for Total Fina Elf-Saipem (2010)
What we do in midwater locations…
- Pipeline route preparation and trenching
- Remedial excavation and cutting
- Asset de-burial
- Line cutting and recovery
- Template site preparation
- Iceberg silo excavation
- Rock dump and debris removal
- Spud can clearance
- Platform removal
- Wreckage excavation and recovery